Sunday, December 12, 2010

First two pages

So I wrote an outline for the whole Clay Cavalier story and as long as I stick to it, it should end up being a brisk 3 issues. Rather than writing the whole thing in one chunk and neglecting the blog until it's finished, I figured I'd post a few pages here and there as I finish them. Since I'm writing from a pretty basic outline, there's a chance once the issue is done I'll have to go back and spruce up previous pages, condensing or editing or whatnot, but that's the fun of this whole venture!

The formatting from the actual script to this blog is of course a bit different (I'm working off of a template from Dark Horse Comics), so don't mind that. Also, I don't think there are any examples of this on these pages, but as they occur, I'll explain in the foreword any shorthand you might find in the script.

So, without further ado, here are the first two pages of "The Bastard Clay Cavalier:"




PAGE ONE (three panels)

Panel 1. A medium-wide shot of our main character, who from this point will simply be referred to as GUY, beat to shit, tied to a wooden chair with his hands behind his back, in what appears to be a kitchen. Over his shoulder we see CLAY CAVALIER, standing at the kitchen sink, wearing latex gloves and a thick rubber apron, back to us, humming.

GUY: (to reader)
Hi. As you can see, I’ve gotten myself into a bit of a pickle here.


Panel 2. This time a medium shot, a little tighter on GUY, same angle. CLAY should still be visible here.

GUY: (to reader)
That brick wall of a mother fucker you see behind me there, that’s Clay Cavalier. I just met him a few days ago. As you can tell--

Panel 3. This time a close up on GUY, same angle. Page should give the impression to the reader of a slow push-in to GUY’s face, as if the camera is moving slowly toward him.

GUY: (to reader)
--it hasn’t gone exactly as planned.


PAGE TWO (four panels)

Panel 1. Still  in the kitchen with GUY, talking to the reader. GUY is indicating with his face toward CLAY.

GUY: (to reader)
Oh, don’t worry, he can’t hear us. This is all happening in my head, kinda like a ‘flash before my eyes’ or something of that nature.

Panel 2. GUY, a bit amused with himself.

GUY: (to reader)
I make it sound like I’m dying, ha! No, not quite. Just remembering how the fuck I got into this situation in the first place.

Panel 3. Still GUY in the kitchen, telling us his story.

GUY: (to reader)
But really, I’m getting a little ahead of myself here. My run in with Clay isn’t exactly where this all started. Really—

Panel 4. GUY in the kitchen, now subtly agitated by even the thought of this guy.

GUY: (to reader)
--it all started with Bronson.

No comments:

Post a Comment